Appointed By: Open Recruitment
Selected By: Open Recruitment
Reports to: Chapter Chair or Co Chairs
Coordinates with: Chapter Chair, Committee Volunteers, State Chair and Regional Director
The purpose of a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) committee is to raise money to continue the important work of the RMEF. As a volunteer with your local chapter you are part of a team that performs a variety of functions on behalf of RMEF, including a minimum of one annual fundraiser called a Big Game Banquet. Committee volunteers should assist the committee with fundraising efforts, function as a team member, present a positive attitude and bring new ideas and new energy to committees while helping to foster future leadership. A committee volunteer must play an active role and stay involved with the committee through the planning and execution of the banquet.
- Play an active role in committee meetings, chapter activities and banquet preparation such as, but not limited to:
a. Selling banquet attendee tickets and pre banquet raffle tickets.
b. Soliciting cash, hunt/trip or merchandise donations.
c. Support event promotion and public relations including banquet letters, postcards, posters and phone calls.
d. Consider accepting a leadership role on the committee.
e. Complete other specific jobs that the chapter chair and Regional Director agree is of significant assistance to the committee in conducting their event.
- Attend at least half of local chapter’s committee meetings.
- Attend and play an active and helpful role in the execution of chapter events, including the Big Game Banquet. Help run a game, raffle, cash table, sponsor/life member table, silent auction, live auction spotter, merchandise display person, clean up, MC or other roles as needed.
- Consider participation in other committee events and activities, such as hands on projects, trade show booths or other secondary fundraising activities.
- Assist in the coordination of chapter growth, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Work with committees on improving banquet efficiencies.
- Consider participation in state workshops, rendezvous and other training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must support and promote the mission of the RMEF and comply with RMEF policies and guidelines. Willingness to attain a solid understanding of the RMEF’s mission, funding and project process.
- Should have the ability to work closely with volunteers, good interpersonal skills and strive to be a team player.