The Dollar Blitz
By Steve Hopkins, Arizona State Chair
Looking for a fast and fun way to make some extra cash at your next banquet? Try the Dollar Blitz!
1. Choose a prize valued at $400 or less. The Blitz seems to work best with a donated or low-cost gun. However, you can use anything of perceived value—or even two prizes. Last year our chapter featured a piece of elk ivory jewelry and a custom-made knife. The first winning ticket holder got to choose between the two. Then we drew a second winning ticket for the remaining prize.
2. Have the emcee announce the Dollar Blitz. Show the crowd the prize(s), then let them know that for the next 10 minutes they can buy unlimited raffle tickets for $1 each.
3. Committee members should spread throughout the room armed with five strips of 20 theater tickets each. That way if someone gives them $20, they can quickly tear off half and give them the entire strip. If a committee member runs out of tickets, they should run to get more as quickly as possible. This keeps the crowd fired up and helps sell as many as possible.
4. Have three committee members stay up front to take the ticket, split them and drop them into a 5 gallon bucket.
5. When time runs out, stir up the tickets, draw the winner(s) and announce to the crowd.
The great thing about the Dollar Blitz is that everyone can play—even those folks who can't afford to spend a lot of money. You will be amazed how many folks go for it. Our chapter has generated more than $2,000 at a single event with this raffle. If you have a full donation, it’s all profit! Why not give it a try?