RMEF at Work: Help Us Tell Your Stories
RMEF volunteers do great work to benefit elk and elk country. You generate revenue to carry out RMEF’s conservation mission, host banquets, provide the muscle for on-the-ground conservation projects, give time and talent at youth outdoor camps and proudly represent RMEF in a wide variety of other activities. Now we have another request: help us tell the world about it!
Help Us Help You
With all the great work volunteers carry out, help us help you better publicize it! RMEF has several means through which we can highlight stellar volunteer happenings. They include Bugle magazine, Wapiti Wire, the Elk Network and our social media platforms.
What Do You Do?
Capture the moment
Use your smartphone to take photos or videos of noteworthy happenings at banquets, projects and other events
Record both planned events and impromptu happenings
- Tell unique stories
- Keep your eyes open for photo opportunities
Share the story
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes photos or videos and basic information including who, what, when and where and your contact information so we can follow up if needed
- The more public we are about our work, the more the message gets spread. Share your RMEF photos on your personal social media channels. Facebook users have an average of 300 friends so spread the word
- Consider submitting your story to the Elk Network at elknetwork.com
- Encourage your volunteers and members to record their own photos and videos at RMEF events and to share them via Elk Network and social media
- Encourage RMEF advocates to take photos or videos at events and banquets and post on social media