PREP TIME – 15 Minutes
COOK TIME – 45 Minutes
SERVES – 4 – 6 People
A great base needs a good counterpart. Freshly harvested elk short ribs, Chanterelles, and green beans pull in the sweetness of our cherry wood and only require a simple seasoning of salt, pepper and butter.
- 3 Pound Elk Short Ribs
- 6 Ounce Traeger Prime Rib Rub
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Pound Green Beans, fresh
- 1/2 Pound Chanterelle Mushrooms
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger to 275℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Season the short ribs liberally with Traeger Prime Rib Rub and a little bit of salt.
- Place the short ribs directly on the grill grate rib side down. Cook the ribs for 30 minutes then wrap in a double layer of tin foil and place back on the grill.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 125℉ then remove from grill. Do not let ribs rise above an internal temperature of 130℉ or the meat will become extremely tough.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and set aside to rest. Increase the temperature to High and preheat. Place a cast iron pan directly on the grill grate while it preheats.
- When the grill reaches temperature, add butter to cast iron. When butter melts, add green beans and mushrooms being careful not to crowd the pan (use two if necessary).
- Close the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and green beans are tender. Serve with elk short ribs. Enjoy!
Access this, and over a thousand other Traeger recipes on the Traeger App.