Prep Time- 30 MINUTES
Cook Time –2 HOURS
Traeger’s 6-in-1 versatility is on full display in Eva Shockey’s smoked venison chili recipe. We’re braising wild game, with all the traditional chili ingredients, directly on the grill for a smokin’ hot take on this comfort food classic.
- As Needed Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 4 Clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Pound ground wild game meat
- 2 Can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 Can (15.5 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Can (15.5 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tablespoon chili powder, plus more to taste
- 3 Tablespoon ground cumin, plus more to taste
- 4 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 Cup ketchup
- To Taste chili flakes
- To Taste salt and pepper
- As Needed Your favorite toppings, for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant. Add meat and cook until no longer pink.
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 325℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir together. Bring to a simmer, cover and place directly on the grill grate.
- Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until chili has thickened and the meat is tender.
- Season to taste, adding more chili powder and cumin for a spicier chili.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!