Enjoy your hard-earned work and take out last year’s handcrafted ground elk burger! Surprises your friends with this tasty Jalapeno Meatball Sub.
- 1 lb ground elk
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3 jalapenos
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced green onion
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled
- 6 Hoagie Buns
- 4 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced jalapenos for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 9×13 pan or four-sided baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine ground elk, onion, jalapenos, bread crumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, milk, Worcestershire sauce, basil, and salt. Mix thoroughly until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Shape into 20 roughly shaped meatballs.
- Place the fully shaped meatballs into the prepared baking pan.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the cream cheese spread by mixing softened cream cheese with minced green onion. Set aside.
- Remove meatballs from oven and turn oven to broil. Open hoagie rolls and toast.
- Spread cream cheese on rolls and top with meatballs. Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler to melt. Top with bacon and serve with sliced jalapenos.
For more recipes and game processing videos, check out MEAT! 101 at www.meatyourmaker.com