With more than 7.1 million acres and counting of great elk country now protected or conserved, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is without question one of the most successful wildlife organizations on the planet. Here is another fact without question: our success is a direct result of the commitment of our volunteers. They are truly the lifeblood of the outfit. And our outfit is growing.
The RMEF now has over 220,000 members—the eight consecutive year of record membership. But now we must grow our volunteer base as well. Our 11,000 plus volunteers make up less than 1 percent of the active elk hunters in North America. Imagine what we could accomplish with 15,000 or even 20,000? Banquet proceeds far eclipse membership proceeds in supporting the RMEF’s mission, so the size, health, strength and leadership of each chapter’s committee are vital to our success. New volunteers help spread out the workload, keep burnout to a minimum, and bring new ideas and energy to committees while helping to foster future leadership.
We recognize that in order to grow our volunteer base we need to invest in it, so RMEF has developed a new Core Volunteer Recruitment Campaign:
Here is how it works?
The campaign begins January 1, 2017 and ends December 31, 2017.
Recruit or become a new volunteer during 2017 and you are automatically entered into the volunteer drawing.
RMEF and our proud sponsors have put together tremendous prizes with over 30 awesome prize packages. The prize packages include:
- (4) Buck Knife Packages
- (4) Viper HD 10x42 Vortex Binoculars
- (4) Danner Boot Prize Packages
- (10) Tundra 65 Yeti Coolers
- (5) Watson Airlock Duffle Bag Package; (Large & medium sizes)
- (2) Sig Sauer 1911 Full-Size Stainless Rail, .45 ACP
- (2) Browning X-Bolt, Realtree Xtra, .300 WSM
- (2) Winchester XPR, Realtree Xtra, .300 Win Mag w/3-9 x 40 mm Vortex Crossfire Scope
- (2) Bighorn Classic Gun Safes by Rhino Metals, Inc.
Winners will be drawn on December 31st, 2017 at the RMEF headquarters in Missoula, MT. You need not be present to win.
With these outstanding prizes, we have now given you more more reasons to become or recruit a new volunteer with RMEF. Our goal is to recruit 900 new volunteers. Help us get there!
Every existing RMEF volunteer who recruits a new “core volunteer” as does the new “core volunteer”.
If an existing volunteer committee member finds more than one new person to be on an RMEF committee they can be entered more than once into this drawing but they can only win one spot on the hunting trip.
If a new “core volunteer” recruits a new “core volunteer” they will receive a second entry into the drawing.
Become a new “core volunteer” on your own with no sponsor and you still qualify.
How To Qualify?
The volunteer chapter chair for each RMEF chapter and the RMEF Regional Director are the responsible parties to ensure that all of the qualified new volunteers have met the definition of “core volunteer” and their names have been submitted for the national drawing.
In order to be considered for this program and the drawing incentive, an RMEF volunteer must play an active role and stayed involved with the committee through the planning and execution of the banquet. For this reason, a new “core volunteer” is defined as:
- A volunteer who attends four or half of a local chapters committee meetings, whichever is less.
- A volunteer who plays an active roll in committee meetings and banquet preparation such as, but not limited to:
a. Accepting the role of chairman, co-chairman, ticket chair, financial chair or merchandise chair.
b. Selling banquet attendee tickets, pre-banquet raffle tickets.
c. Soliciting cash and merchandise donations, corporate tables, and new volunteers.
d. Support of marketing and public relations.
e. Completed another specific job that your chapter chair and your regional director agree was of significant help to your committee in conducting their event.
- A volunteer who is present and plays an active and helpful role in banquet set up.
- A volunteer who is present for banquet night and helps to but not limited to run a game, raffle, cash table, sponsor/life member table, silent auction, live auction spotter, merchandise display person live auction, clean up, MC.
Good luck and thanks for all you do!