PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
SERVES: 2 – 4 People
For a savory addition to thick cut elk steaks, wrap that trophy meat in bacon. Bacon wrapped steaks are a delicacy that’s primed for date night.
- 1/4 Cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Pound Elk Steak
- 1/2 Pound thick-cut bacon
- Make the marinade by whisking together the wine, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic cloves, black pepper, chopped rosemary and red pepper flakes. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking
- Add the elk steaks into the marinade and marinate overnight, up to a day or two.
- When ready to cook, start temperature to 450 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade; wrap each steak with several pieces of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon-wrapped elk steaks directly on the grill grate and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Rotate halfway through for a good caramelized exterior. Enjoy!
Access this, and over a thousand other Traeger recipes on the Traeger App.