Courtesy of Traeger Kitchen
- 2 Large Onions, Peeled And Sliced Thinly
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Pound Ground Elk
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese, Cut Into Fourths
- 12 Whole Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Chopped Pickles
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to High and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine onions, butter, olive oil, sugar, and salt in a cast-iron skillet and place skillet in grill. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are golden brown.
- Combine ground elk, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and form into 2” patties. Place patties on grill and cook 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place pepper jack cheese on each patty and let melt. If desired, slice dinner rolls in half and place cut side down on grill to lightly toast.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve slider topped with caramelized onions and sauce. Enjoy!
Check out more wild game recipes from Traeger here.