Welcome to Wild Flavors! Presented by Brenda Weatherby, the cooking show dedicated to bringing you the most delicious ways to prepare wild game.
In this episode Brenda prepares wild turkey meatballs with polenta! If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your wild turkey dishes then this is the recipe for you!
1 lb ground turkey
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Handful of chopped fresh sage leaves
1 cup turkey (or chicken) broth
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1 cup spinach leaves
4 cups water (or chicken broth)
1 cup fast cooking polenta grains
2 Tbsp butter
1. Grind turkey
2. Sautée onion and garlic
3. Mix half of the sautéed onions and garlic with the sage, parmesan, salt & pepper and mix throughly
4. Sear meatballs in the same pan used for onions and garlic
5. Take meatballs off and sautée mushrooms in broth
6. Lightly wilt spinach and mix in the remainder of the onion and garlic
7. Add meatballs and simmer till fully cooked
1. Bring water or broth to a rolling boil
2. Slowly add polenta grains while stirring throughout
3. Stir until thick and remove from heat
Best served in a bowl, add polenta and meatballs, garnish with parmesan, serve and enjoy!