Prep Time- 30 MINUTES
Cook Time –6 HOURS
Marinated venison steak is grilled and served with fresh lettuce cups, rice, carrots, cucumbers, kimchee, fresh cilantro and topped with chili sauce.
- 1 1/2 Pound venison steaks
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 4 1/2 Tablespoon raw sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup Beer, Stout or Porter
- 4 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Asian Pear, Peeled and Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Head butter or iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- As Needed Cooked sushi rice
- As Needed scallion, thinly sliced
- As Needed Kimchee
- As Needed Fresh Thai basil
- As Needed Fresh shiso leaves
- As Needed fresh mint leaves
- As Needed fresh cilantro
- As Needed Radishes, Thinly Sliced and Soaked in Cold Water
- As Needed Julienne carrots
- As Needed Thinly sliced Persian cucumbers
- As Needed chili flakes
- As Needed Thinly sliced garlic cloves
- As Needed Chili sauce
- Wrap the venison steak in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Make the marinade. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, raw sugar or brown sugar, beer, garlic, scallions, pepper, sesame oil, honey, and Asian pear.
- Remove the steak from the freezer and slice it across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- Place the sliced venison into the marinade, toss to coat, and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 450°F and preheat with the lid closed, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, and place directly on the grill grates. Close the lid and sear the steak until nicely caramelized, flipping once, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the venison steak from the grill. To assemble the lettuce wraps, in a lettuce leaf, add some rice, venison, kimchi, basil, shiso, mint, cilantro, radish, carrots, cucumbers, chili flakes, and top with your favorite chili sauce, as desired. Enjoy!